Auditions for Jekyll & Hyde the Musical are on August 1st and 2nd from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and our team of directors (Director: Heather Pidcock-Reed; Assistant Director: Jessica Rebel; Assistant Director/Choreographer: Cynthia Fazio) are looking forward to seeing everyone in the audition room! We’re looking for actors and actresses of all experience levels ages 16 and up.
Here’s what you can expect to happen during your audition:
- You’ll sign in and fill out an audition form. We ask that you please list any scheduling conflicts that you will have between August 7th and the production (Oct. 12-15). Please note that the performance on October 15th is a matinee. Rehearsals are M-F from 7-9 p.m. Depending on your role, you may not be required to be at rehearsal every night until we begin running full acts (Sept. 13).
- Men who are auditioning for the role of Jekyll/Hyde will be asked to sing a song of their choice AND the first half of Confrontation – (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGYdnUe5MA). If you need a backing track to sing along to, we recommend this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYYQIxukrvk). Please see the attached sheet music for the exact cut.
- All other auditioners will be asked to sing a song of their choice (songs from the show are allowed, we just ask that you try to find a selection that showcases your vocal range and abilities as an actor). If you have a backing track, please have it ready to go on your phone.
- Everyone will be asked to read a scene or two from the show. These will be available for you to read at the theatre before you’re called into the audition room. Sometimes the director may ask you to read for a variety of parts or ask you to read a scene in a different way.
- You may be asked to sing some scales so that we can hear your vocal range.
For more information on available roles, please see: https://www.picketwireplayers.org/next-at-picketwire-jekyll-and-hyde-the-musical/.